Fruit tart for a birthday celebration. Sam: “all you do is sleep in and eat on psych.” #accurate #medschool #ilovepsych
Time to see some patients! Best thing about child and adolescent outpatient psych is not having to wear a white coat.
Medical school is really cramping my style.
I bought these cute smoking loafers online the other day and when they arrived, I tried them on around the house. They passed my stringent looks and comfort standards (at that moment, anyway) and so I decided to keep them.
I wore them to work on Thursday and by the end of the day the sides of my feet were so achey I practically limped home. The only other pairs of shoes I had been wearing to work were two pairs of Clarks flats (same style, different colors) that were also comfy on try-on but I made sure to break in for a month before I wore them to work.
Unfortunately, I forgot this fact, and am now suffering through an attempted accelerated break-in of these shoes with my thickest wool socks. My feet hate me.
- 9-5 workdays, every day, and weekends off
- I had to fight my fellow to write a second note because she said I was “working too hard”
- talking about feelings, all the time
- not sure if I like psych because I like psych or if I like it because the people are lovely and the hours are kush
- I’m on child and adolescent outpatient psych right now which means working directly with the child psych fellows and one of them is tall and beautiful and dresses well and has the softest most lovely demeanor and I love her so much and I want to be her
There is such thing as donut addiction. Clockwise from top L: plain vanilla cake (for Sam), lime-vanilla-graham cracker, lemon-blueberry-mint, and an encore from blueberry cake #donuts #donutfriend #nofilter
Not that I’m keeping count or anything
but tomorrow is my LAST day on inpatient medicine.
- The literal translation of “ovary” in Chinese is “son’s house”
- The literal translation of “uterus” in Chinese is “son’s palace”
- The literal translation of “breast” in Chinese is “milk house”
- The literal translation of “vagina” in Chinese is “shady path”
- I had to translate for a Chinese patient yesterday and even despite all my pre-emptive google translate lookups, I still accidentally said “passport” instead of “bra,” as in “are you wearing a passport” before a breast exam.
And the donut obsession continues, clockwise from top left: white chocolate berry, cinnamon sugar cronut, blueberry cake, plain glazed @melaniema_ #donuts #donutfriend (at Donut Friend)
This is my new Target watch that I bought 45 minutes before my OSCE today because someone had stole my beloved Fossil watch out of my gym bag yesterday. Every day, I go to the gym, take my watch off, and put it in my bag with my underwear, work clothes and shoes. The next morning, when I need to put it on again, I rifle through my gym bag to retrieve it. The one day I actually need a watch for taking a pulse and respiratory rate, it wasn’t there, and I had a mini panic attack that resulted in me running through the aisles of Target like a crazy person.
Who would go rifling through someone’s undies and smelly shoes to steal a watch that’s worth about 80 bucks and has been worn for two years? Whoever it is, consider it charity, cause you clearly needed it more than I do.
You know what else was in my gym bag that they didn’t take? My pager. Whew.
Things they told you would happen in med school, and you listened, and you knew it would happen, but you just didn’t think it would be that bad
- being tired all the time
- like literally all. the. time.
- if I’m not moving or actively engaged for more than 10 minutes, I start falling asleep
- it’s 9:30pm right now. bedtime.